Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

charity donations round up order to nearest £10 etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charity donations round up order to nearest £10 etc...

We would like to start supporting a few charities and maybe matching customer donations.

The best way I have seen to get customers to give money is somwhere in the checkout give the option to "round up to the nearest £1" "nearest £10", "donate £10" etc...

This works really well on traidcraft's shop.

Would this tecnically be possible in actinic? If so does anyone know of anyone trying to do it in the past?

I would be happy to pay for the development assuming it is not too expensive and then maybe even mrelease a patch to the community.

It would be great to hear your thoughts on wether or not it is fesibile.

Alex

Alex - did you find a way to do this at all?

Looking to do same on our site.

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

Comment

Nope,

I asked a few people and no one could come up with anything so I gave up unfortunately

Comment

As far as I know, actinic keeps pricing fixed in the cat files so it would have to be a case of creating a quantity of a 1p item to get the right value. The cart would end up saying something like:

QTY: "54" Des: "1p round up donation to xyz charity" Value: "£0.54"

Not very elegant.

I think your best bet would be ask for it to be included in a future release of Actinic.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
          t.

I think your best bet would be ask for it to be included in a future release of Actinic.

Mike
          I have been asking since V7!

Alex

Comment

There was a big discussion on the business forum a while back that came up with the fact that many members of the public were put off by any request for charity payments

The basics seemed to be lack of faith the site did what it said and also they wanted to give to their own charity rather han the designated one
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

I agree with Chris, however if you did go ahead with this, i'd encourage a charity counter like they used to have on Blue Peter, where the ongoing total is shown along with proof when a payment is made. There are now that many charities about, soon there will be charities for charities. It'd be important to spread the donations across say 3 causes and declare these causes IMO.

Comment

As a business we already support two small charities, one education and another child health based.

The thought was rather than just to give corprate donations we would start some kind of customer matching scheme where we matched customer donations. Our customers in general come from a very wealthy demographic and my feeling is that these people would give to charity more if they were given the (easy) oppourtunity more often. As they are already about to type in their card details this is the easiest possible way to give money, all they have to do is tick a box.

We would put some nice links to information about the charities and what they had acchieved with the donated money on the page but not make it too in your face so people could click by without feeling guilty. The charities are small enough that they actually send information on exactly what any significant donations have acchieved so if we were to donate quaterly they could supply a quaterly report of what they had done so we could demonstrate to customers what their (plus our) donations had acchieved.

Anyway... as it seems this is not possible it it all a bit academic!

Comment

Working...
                X