Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with embedding video...

Hello there,

And before you ask, yes i have read the other posts, and done what was said.

Being pretty new to actinic and HTML, i have found myself in a bit of a pickle,
    i used the embed code, to embed a .wmv, and put the code into the fragment image spot, as i wanted it on the home page as an introductory video. But what has happened is the video has copied its self into all the fragment image spots, and now i only have a video in 3 fragment spaces, instead of text/images that where previously there. I only wanted the video in one spot! So now im in a little trouble.

Any help would be appreciated, as im very much a novice, please be gentle :/

Lots and lots of thanks for any feedback given.

Nick
    'Cheers Ears'

Nick

Dynabrade Tools and Accessories For The UK - DynaShop

Rather than place the code in a fragment image layout you could use a text only fragment layout and place the code directly into the fragment text in the form:
    !!<
    video code here...
    >!!

Comment

Ahh yes, that has worked, but now i cant seem to put the FragmentImage tag in the correct place? It keeps coming up with the purple tag, which im presuming is the anchor tag, but when entered, it comes up as a coding error, and the images don't seem to appear?

Thanks for the quick response Duncan.
      'Cheers Ears'

Nick

Comment

Do you mean you havent been able to undo the changes you incorrectly made to the fragment layout? if so revert the layout to factory default.

Comment

Perfect!

All sorted now. Thanks so much for the help!

Nick
          'Cheers Ears'

Nick

Comment

Ok, so maybe not sorted, the video plays in the program, but not when its published, or in preview..any ideas?

Cheers
            'Cheers Ears'

Nick

Comment

I put the file in the site1 folder, now being new to actinic, i wouldnt know where im sarting, so would I go up and out of that folder, or go further in to find the file? ../site1/dynaslide.wmv etc. .

Many thanks
              'Cheers Ears'

Nick

Comment

put the wmv file in additional files to force it to be uploaded to the live site, update the site

then give us a URL to your site

Comment

www.dynashop.co.uk - thats the link.

I put it in additional files, and used the code, but it only seemed to give a link saying www.dynashop.co.uk/acatalog/dynaslide.wmv

<OBJECT ID="MediaPlayer" WIDTH="600" HEIGHT="400" CLASSID="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"
                  STANDBY="Loading Windows Media Player components..." TYPE="application/x-oleobject">
                  <PARAM NAME="FileName" VALUE="dynaslide.wmv">
                  <PARAM name="autostart" VALUE="true">
                  <PARAM name="ShowControls" VALUE="true">
                  <param name="ShowStatusBar" value="false">
                  <PARAM name="ShowDisplay" VALUE="false">
                  <EMBED TYPE="application/x-mplayer2" SRC="dynaslide.wmv" NAME="MediaPlayer"
                  WIDTH="600" HEIGHT="400" ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="0" ShowDisplay="0" autostart="0"> </EMBED>
                  </OBJECT>

thats the code im currently using to embed the video, writen in the text box of a fragment.

Thanks once again.
                  'Cheers Ears'

Nick

Comment

I just put the code there, and it seems to work for a split second, then disappears!!

www.dynashop.co.uk

thats now it has all be updated

Thanksyou so much for the help so far
                    'Cheers Ears'

Nick

Comment

I tried it on explorer and that seems to work, just firefox?
                      any ideas?
                      'Cheers Ears'

Nick

Comment

Why would you use a .wmv, gotta be a better idea to convert to a universal format such as youtube, which billions know, understand and trust. Comes with a bonus of them providing code that works, all you have to do is embed it correctly.

.WMVs are satan's stray sperm, use a johnny, go youtube instead.

Comment

Ok, well it seems to be working, but now when the user clicks 'home' or 'terms & conds' it says url not found. .

This is all turning out to be a bit of a nightmare!!

Thanks for the help . . any more would be more than appreciated.
                          'Cheers Ears'

Nick

Comment

I can't even find where it is now!

I've looked all over and cant seem to locate it. Sorry im pretty useless with this. :/
                            'Cheers Ears'

Nick

Comment

Ok, well what ive done is remove some of the parts that are not working. It seems to be ok for now, but the Terms and Conds keeps linking back to the home page?
                              'Cheers Ears'

Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X