China Checkout Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China Checkout Problems

My shipping is set for using Zone and Class as our orders tend to be from all continents and are varying weights.

On the settings under the 'If Shipping Band Not Defined' I have a default charge selected. When we get orders from any country the country is displayed on the order form and the shipping is calculated correctly. However half the time when we get orders from China, it doesn't display the country and we only charge the customer the default charge. It would appear that it allows customers to by-pass the country selection in the checkout (otherwise the correct shipping would be applied to the order).

Has anyone else experienced this and found a way around to ensure people in China have to select their country and then the correct shipping is applied?
    Nigel Singer
    www.lifetools.com
    Solutions for Life

I'd assume the answer is to not allow orders with an undefined shipping band. That way they wouldn't be able to do this.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike. I had considered that, but these are genuine and repeat orders so I wouldn't want to put those at risk. If I sit here and go through my checkout Actinic will not allow me to to any further, but in China that is not the case. I wondered it the display and chinese keyboard made a difference as other Actinic owners will have had the same issue?
      Nigel Singer
      www.lifetools.com
      Solutions for Life

Comment

Is 'none of the above' being selected perhaps?

Comment

I am not sure as it won't display, but I can guess that could be an option indeed. I have disabled shipping if no zones are selected to see it that forces people to actually select their country.
          Nigel Singer
          www.lifetools.com
          Solutions for Life

Comment

The other option would be to make the default charge a worst case scenario.

i.e. set it to be higher than the other options and then if someone ends up there for some reason at least they'll be able to place the order.

Or if you thinks it's a China specific problem, you could set it to be the charge for china.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I think those in China must have been selecting 'none of the above'; I cannot prove it as it doesn't tell you on the order form that selection was made, but the evidence points that way. I will remove it as the orders we get are from a very low price to expensive so it should force them. Will have a look at the other advice of setting a China specific setting if we still get problems.
              Nigel Singer
              www.lifetools.com
              Solutions for Life

Comment

tbh it would be a brave person from overseas who placed an order with you at the moment. We've taken this possibility off our sites as we're not going to risk orders getting lost in the no-fly backlog.
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

can you explain a little more on the thinking behind it...trying to absorb everything!
                  Nigel Singer
                  www.lifetools.com
                  Solutions for Life

Comment

As there no planes flying in Europe at the moment then there is no way to send things by airmail so everything will be being backed up in warehouses across the continent just waiting to be crushed or lost.
                    Unusual Silver Jewellery
                    Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
                    Crystal Healing Jewellery
                    Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                    X