Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a products list.

Hi all.
    This is more of general query than a problem, just wondering if anyone can advise?
    I have a feeling this can only be done as a query in Access, but what I need to do is make a list of all the products in the database excluding the duplicates.
    We need a master list for admin purposes of the products but writing out a list would be somewhat time consuming.
    However there are two things holding me back:
    1. I'm by no means an expert on Access queries.
    2. I'm not too clear (because of the above) on how the Actinic.mdb file is structured.

I know I can do a products report in Actinic but this includes all the duplicates and so is a lot of printing, time and paper. Unless it's well hidden I can't see a way to take the duplicates out of a report-and no I don't have a copy of Crystal Reports.
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

This Access query should list products in alpha order, excluding duplicates

SELECT [Short description]
    FROM Product
    WHERE nDuplicateIndex<>1
    ORDER BY [Short description];

Mike

Comment

Steve - the export Google Base feed under the Marketing tab has the option to exclude duplicates. This outputs to a CSV file you can then open in Excel.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for the replies Jon & Mike, I would never have though of the last one..
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Steve G Griggs View Post
          I would never have though of the last one..
          I am devious like that

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Using a hierarchical export, you could sort it by looking for the ! in the product ref of duplicates.
            (IIRC )
            Kind Regards
            Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
            X