Customer cannot purchase - Cookie problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer cannot purchase - Cookie problem

I'm going to have to ask this 'in public' and take any ridicule on the chin but I cannot recall anyone saying they've had this problem before and what the answer would be

"Hello i am trying to place an order through your website for xxxxxxx, but i cant seem to do it online because my computer doesnt have cookies??.... "

Business Plus v905

The customer needs to enable cookies in their browser - they usually are. In this case rather than trying to explain to them how to enable them it might just be best to take the order over the phone.

Comment

Tell them the are called biscuits in the UK and ask them to install the Anglo-American cookie converter plug-in and all will be fine.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Ploy to avoid security checks

Hi. We get customers ringing us with various reasons why they cannot place the order online, including problems with cookies, and wanting to place the order by telephone. We highly suspect that in at least some, if not many, of these cases the person is wanting to place the order by telephone as they cannot be bothered with the 3D Secure system or are having a problem with that system, which is there to protect genuine card holders and the retailler. In some cases we have found that they wanted to place the order by telephone as payment had been declined online, somehow thinking that it would not be declined by telephone, or we might let it through without payment. We very much like the 3D Secure system online, which gives the public and the seller improved security, and the Third Man fraud checks which are done by the payment service provider too. If a payment comes up with a high fraud risk we make sure that we despatch the goods as signature required (not just tracked). We no longer accept any orders by telephone, regardless of the reason (cookies?) given by the prospective customer. If we lose some orders, so be it. There is an added advantage of not requiring pci compliance auditing of our systems.
        Sarah

Comment

Working...
        X