Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragments question

This has very likely been covered somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere:

I've put several fragments on my homepage, but the child fragments aren't inheriting the formatting.

www.patchwork-rabbit.co.uk

Basically, I want the fragment titles of all the fragments to be the same size and colour as the "New at the Patchwork Rabbit" title, but they aren't.

When I display them in the code view, it shows exactly the same font formatting as the top one, though.

And what if you want different fonts/colours/sizes for different fragments (which you obviously can, because mine is, even though I don't want it ), how do you do it?

I've looked in the user and advanced user guides and searched the kb, but nothing seems to cover this
    The Patchwork Rabbit

It looks like you have different fragment layouts - check to see that they all configured for the same layout.

You can also check to see if you have any html formatting on the fragment title of the first fragment as you have a FONT tag around it.

Comment

It's OK, I've found it now.

For others, go to Design View, then in the Design Tree, open the Standard Brochure Fragment List, then Fragment Layout, then open each layout in Code View and add the formatting to each one.

It's just really confusing how, if you click on the fragment in the Content Tree, it shows the same formatting for all of them, when, in fact, that's the code for the first fragment.

So, you need to do it through the Design View/Design Tree route

Thanks for the quick response though!
      The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

What you're doing with a font tag will work but you should rather consider adding a class to the title and then styling that in Actinic.css.

Comment

Yes, CSS is next on my list of things to do.

Do you suggest modifying actinic.css or adding my own and linking to it?

Also, there are 3 actinic.css files:

DesignPreviewHTML
          PreviewHTML
          SiteHTML

Would I have to do all of them?
          The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

You only need to modify the Actinic.css file from within Actinic - you shouldn't touch the copies (created by Actinic) in the other folders.

Where you place the class depends on how you prefer to manage the css. Some people prefer to keep it all in Actinic, others prefer to manage the css with another editor and hence use css files outside of Actinic. Many in fact do both, keep the standard Actinic stylesheet within Actinic and then add new styles in an external stylesheet(s).

Comment

Hmmmm, I might do the latter. I'd rather not fiddle with the actinic one as I'm a bit new to CSS.

Thanks
              The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Working...
              X