V9 & bt hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V9 & bt hub

I have a customer who says that her v9 version keeps disconnecting her from the bt hub. Anybody had problems with bt? I think it is more the quality of her wireless reception that is the problem.
    she said v8 didnt do this and wants to revert.
    any thoughts?
    Jenny
    Hanson Web Design
    www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

When she says v9 keeps disconnecting then I assume she means that the computer looses connection with the router.

The wireless connection will have nothing to do with Actinic, as you say it's much more likely to be interference or bad reception of some nature. Try moving the PC slightly or getting a different antenna.

She may also not be explaining the full story - perhaps Actinic v9 is now using compression or something else is different with the network settings that are causing a problem uploading which she sees as a 'loss of connection'.

Comment

I think it is the Bt loss of reception but she sees it as v8 worked, v9 is a pain.
      just thought I would see if anyone else had noticed any probs. I think a wired connection would be better but I dont know the physical layout, as I have only worked there remotely.
      Thanks
      Hanson Web Design
      www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
      jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
      Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Perhaps get the client to temporarily disable the BT firewall and see if she still has problems - I had to do this to be able to use BBC iPlayer as the hub would disconnect after 4 minutes of constant traffic - the hub may be treating the uploading of snapshots etc in much the same way
        The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Is V9 taking a lot longer than V8, so that intermittent losses of connection are more noticeable?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
          X