Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Chrome

Hi,

I received an email today from a customer who'd had problems trying to order from my site (www.thejumpshop.co.uk) using Google Chrome.

On page two of the checkout, every time they try to type in the box, or select their country they get redirected to RBS WorldPay website. I'm sure this must be somehow linked to my insertion of the mandadory banner that RBS asked me to include on my site.

My question is, how to solve this, and ideally I'd like to place the RBS banner and payment card logos at the foot of the web page, not at the top of every page as it currently stands.

Any and all advice on this problem is gratefully appreciated.

Thank you!!
    www.thejumpshop.co.uk

my insertion of the mandadory banner
    Some details of what you've done would be useful.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Luckily I'm psychic. It may be that you've omitted a closing </a> at the end of the lump of code that displays all the WorldPay stuff.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Moving the 'WorldPay' banner to the footer

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
        Some details of what you've done would be useful.
        My mistake Norman! I just copied and pasted the code from WorldPay. I'll double check what I did, because I tried to alter the banner last week to locate it at the foot of the webpage rather than in the header. I may have inadvertently deleted the </a>, which is what you suggest in your second post.

I'll have a look at this later to see if that's the case, although I find it strange that this issue is only associated with Google Chrome and not with Firefox or Internet Explorer?

To be honest I find it a bit over-powering having the banner located where it is now. Has anyone got any advice on how I can move the WorldPay logos to the footer?

Thank you!
        www.thejumpshop.co.uk

Comment

This is a problem on all the pages, including the home page where it's not in the footer, and in all browsers. As Norman says, you're missing the closing </a> from the end of all your worldpay link / images.

You can see the problem by hovering over any text or image that doesn't have an internal link and you'll see the link to worldpay is still active (but doesn't do anything, at least in IE8).

The best thing to do is put the closing </a> in and then decide whether to get rid of it of you don't want it.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X