Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image Issue

Hi,

I have a customer using actinic 9 who has added all her products and has been using without problems for a while. She recently sent me the snapshot for some changes which i completed, upload and sent back to her. Now when i checked the site all the images had gone. I looked into this and she has set up a folder on the desktop and not used the default action folder so an image path is e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\Lisa\Desktop\site images\3956.jpg

When i look at the source code of the site it has included this path in the img src which obviously is causing the issue. How do i stop the full path appearing in the im src as i dont fancy going through all 3500 products and updating the path manually.

Cheers,
    Adam

If you have only made design changes then perhaps you can export a design snapshot from your machine that she can import onto her machine instead.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
      If you have only made design changes then perhaps you can export a design snapshot from your machine that she can import onto her machine instead.
      I tried this but her images still did not show.

Comment

Originally posted by adamblakey View Post
        I tried this but her images still did not show.
        Design snapshot or ordinary snapshot? A design snapshot should not overwrite product details.

Comment

When you import her snapshot there is a dialog warning box about the external image paths. One of the options will generate a local NOTIN_CATLOG or something similar folder where the external images are saved.

She should also place all the images internally within the Actinic folder as she may have issues down the line should the machine die or wants to move PC and the paths are lost.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Indeed, I received a snapshot yesterday which was 63mb, images outside Site1. I remember seeing the dialog box that Jont refers to and elected to leave the pathnames alone.

However I was slightly freaked when I returned the snapshot to discover it was 3mb. I sent it, the client imported it and all is well.

As others have said - it is better to stay within Site1

Comment

Working...
            X