Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent Display of Page Preview

Hi,

We are running with v9 of actinic catalog.

We moved a site from one PC to another PC.
    We tried using the actinic export site and import site - but this didn't work. The local images/css in the Site 1 folder were not transferred to the new PC Site 1 folder.

Based on another forum reply - we manually copied the contents of the Site1 folder from the old PC to the New PC. We updated the security details etc..

The site works fine, and changes can be uploaded/published etc...

The only issue is that the Page Preview - within Actinic - does not work most times. It appears briefly and then we get the "The Page cannot Be Displayed" error.

There was a old forum reply for v8 - which recommend editing the registry to remove some fields. We tried this - but it had no effect.

Anyone have any ideas? Has this happened to any other users.

Note the Preview Store works fine.

Hope you can help.

Neil

I presume from what you are saying that all/some resources for the site are not included in the site folder as is recommended. Why not take the time to correct that error now and you can then have the next 40-50 years without problems like this. Once completed, you will just simply snapshot the site and then import into its new location, it works everytime, i've done it hundreds of times.

An added bonus will also be that your backups will contain all the info your sites need to run, when without question in the future a hard drive goes titsup, you will be prepared and able to set back up on a new one very quickly.

Comment

Thanks for suggestion but all resources - images, stylesheet, etc - are in the site folder.

Comment

We moved the site from one PC to another and all codes, layouts etc are identical. The page preview works fine on the original pc but not on the new pc so I doubt it is a problem with code.

Again this is just page preview within Actinic - when you preview the page it displays fine.

Also the problem is intermittent - if I click on the page in the design tree it can display fine but then if I click on other pages and come back to that page it will not display. Some pages will display fine all the time and they use the same layout as the pages that have the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X