export image absolute URLs for Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

export image absolute URLs for Amazon

My customer uses V 9.0.3 Business and has been invited to list products on Amazon. Somehow we need to generate a list of the absolute URLs of all product images (not the thumbnails that you see initially), I guess so that Amazon can import the images live from the web.

Anyone know if this is do-able using an elegant way, e.g. using an Access database? I'd welcome any pointers.

Thanks

Alan

The location is easy, it's the same for all images online ie within the acatalog folder. So you all you need is a list of product image names, you could get that from a simple export to csv in excel or extract via a query in access if you wanted to get clever.

Comment

Why not use the export product for google under marketing Tab...

Comment

Originally posted by AlanW View Post
        My customer uses V 9.0.3 Business and has been invited to list products on Amazon. Somehow we need to generate a list of the absolute URLs of all product images (not the thumbnails that you see initially), I guess so that Amazon can import the images live from the web.

Anyone know if this is do-able using an elegant way, e.g. using an Access database? I'd welcome any pointers.

Thanks

Alan
        Mole end do a mash for Amazon market place

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Ama...duct_Feed.html

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
        Custom Packages

Comment

Does this mash work in reverse? ie: feed from Amazon into actinic?
          Thanks in advance for any remarks

Dan

www.toolman.co.uk
          www.joblottools.co.uk
          www.toolmanonline.co.uk
          www.quality-tools.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

@ Mac I think they tried exporting that way, and hit a problem with the Export only including the thumbnail image, not the larger pop-up image of that product.

What they're hoping for is to map the product reference to the absolute URL of the larger image. Point taken that the images all end up in /acatalog anyway....

Looked quickly at the Amazon mash (thanks), will suggest they try to demo. It seems to have had a mixed review on the Mole_End web site.

Thanks again.

Comment

It seems to have had a mixed review on the Mole_End web site.
              Yes, I noticed that too.

Only 1 feefo review for the site and it's not good on the product or service which I don't think is representative of either. Just a downside of Feefo I guess.

Maybe it comes back to the old saying. People with a good experience are likely to tell 1 or 2 people about it but people with a bad experience will tell 10 (or are more likely to complain on forums, feefo, etc).

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

@ Mac I think they tried exporting that way, and hit a problem with the Export only including the thumbnail image, not the larger pop-up image of that product
                You can use macros in the feed definition to change the image type, at the moment the extended info image isn't included, but I'll add it.

Does this mash work in reverse? ie: feed from Amazon into actinic?
                It only transfers products from Actinicto Amazon, I'm hoping to work on a new product to do this in reverse later in the year, people with established shops on Amazon tend to like to add their products straight into Amazon and so might then like to transfer them to other systems afterward. If you want to process orders then our multi channel order processing product can process orders from both Amazon and Actinic (http://www.1stoporders.co.uk/)

Only 1 feefo review for the site and it's not good on the product or service which I don't think is representative of either. Just a downside of Feefo I guess.
                I was surprised by this review because we had spent quite a while working with the person that posted it often on issues that related to Actinic or Amazon rather than our product. I was really disappointed that they considered this to be bad service. I can see that it's frustrating though when a product requires more work that you might think to set it up. It's a plus side of feefo though that we now know about this and so can do something about it.

I haven't replied to it yet because Pat has been writing a configuration guide to help people set the product up in future. This should be complete later today and so I can reply then.

We are also going to modify the website to more clearly state any limitations of a product and to say how much configuration is required to match systems up.

Amazon and Actinic are a terrible match, Amazon requires a lot of information that Actinic doesn't provide as standard and so it has to be added using custom variables. This isn't too bad for a new shop but can be time consuming for an existing shop.

The other main limitation is using options, the product can do this but it's not easy to set up, so we need to change it to automatically generate one products for each option available as part of the transfer.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Many thanks Jan.

If Amazon Mash imports into Actinic from Amazon then it's unfortunately not what's needed (just yet anyway).

Our Actinic Business Plus customer needs odd-jobbing support like this which I'm not able to provide. This programming and support is way above my pay grade :-)

Unfortunately I stopped Actinic sales last year, it was not viable for me due to the intense (free) support and handholding that was expected. However I am trying to offer some ongoing support for these legacy customers.

May I refer my customer to someone to handle some odd-jobs (along the lines of this thread) if needed?

AlanW

Comment

Hi Alan,

Sorry I mistyped that - it's Actinic to Amazon only - I've corrected it above now.

Regards,
                    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                    Multichannel order processing
                    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

To all, thanks for the offers of help - trials are now under way with Jan's plug-in. Then we'll take it from there.

Alan

Comment

Working...
                      X