Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

product description on section page

hi all,

I'm using this script to populate certain amount of words from product description into section if you understand what i mean, however it populates all the characters inc. !!<>!!

so the question is: is there any possibility to modify the script so it only populates letters not symbols?

script i'm using:
    Code:
    $sShort = "";
    $nCount = 0;
    $sOriginal = '<actinic:variable encoding="perl" name="ProductDescription" selectable="false" />'; 
    foreach(explode(" ", $sOriginal) as $sWord)
    	{
       if ($nCount > 20)
       	{
       	$sShort .= "...";
       	break;
       	}
       $sShort .= $sWord . " ";
       $nCount++;
       }
    echo $sShort;
    thank you very much

Originally posted by vistamaster View Post

so the question is: is there any possibility to modify the script so it only populates letters not symbols?
    lots of ways using the string functions in javascript, you could use two calls to string.replace to replace the offending characters, or you could set up a 'for' loop to get each character, check it and only add it to the result if it passes certain tests.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Right click on the ProductDecription variable and play around with the type of PHP ... there are several including something like Strip HTML (not at an Actinic machine to check) and that removes embedded crumph.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
        Right click on the ProductDecription variable and play around with the type of PHP ... there are several including something like Strip HTML (not at an Actinic machine to check) and that removes embedded crumph.
        Thanks for your reply Jont, if I choose Strip HTML then I would have to add .<br/>'s to all the product descriptions, which would take alot of time to sort them out.

I'm not into javascript at all, could you help me out with it please?

Comment

I think what you are after has already been done. Have a search around on the forum.

These are some of the links I found (there are many more) that may help you:
          http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?p=294377
          http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=34846

Try this search or similar: $sShort strip html site:community.actinic.com

Comment

yes, and it is here: http://community.actinic.com/showthr...iption+section

thank you for your time guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
              crumph.
              Crap and gumph?

Comment

Exactly

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                X