Can't change price on hidden product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't change price on hidden product

OK, with your most excellent help, I managed to get my permutations working, after a fashion. Problem I have now is thus:

I have a parent product (red thread) with two permutations (1yd, 5yds) each based on hidden associated products. The pricing model of the permutations is "associated product" so it ignores the price in the options grid.

I can't, however, seem to be able to change the price of the hidden associated products. The "apply changes" button doesn't do anything and I can't navigate away from the product until I "cancel changes".

What collossal act of stoopid have I done now?
    The Patchwork Rabbit

The hidden products aren't duplicates are they?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Nope, not duplicates.

I basically have a product available in 2 lengths so created an option with stock control that generated two hidden products. The parent product pricing grid uses their associated product prices.

Edit: Am not allowed to change description either, but it doesn't have the little arrow icon that dupe normally has.
      The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Did you create the hiddden products yourself or was it done with the wizard?

I usually create the hidden products myself and that's always worked fine.

Mike

Comment

Interesting. I tried again with a different product, this time creating the options and then manually creating the hidden products and associating them with the options and I'm able to change the associated products.

Weird bug or supposed to work that way?

Edit: Snap! That's the solution, Mike. Thanks so much!
          The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Auto generated products were also switching off the "Component as separate order line" when added as an associated product on the general tab of a compent.

Doesn't do it with regular products or products which are hidden permutations.

Something amiss with the auto generation process, perhaps?
            The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

It does sound like there's a problem, doesn't it.

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X