Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts only accessible to some customer groups

I am using actinic business 9.0.4
    I want to make certain part of products visible only to some customer groups. For example, I want to include video in a product description but make this video accessible only to few.

How can I do this - access restriction as well as add video??

Also I only want to show product prices to One or two customer groups. I tried the thing mentioned in advanced user guide pg 121 -

<Actinic:NOTINB2B><!--</Actinic:NOTINB2B>
    …and put these after the code:
    <Actinic:NOTINB2B>--></Actinic:NOTINB2B>

this doesn't help...its rendered as it is even if i include it under !!<...>!! tags.
    kindly suggest.

Off the top of my head, I think the comment marks "<!--" and "-->", need spaces after and before respectively...

e.g. <!--_ and _-->

Technically, <!--hello--> is valid, but some browsers will display the text if the comment markers aren't separated by spaces <!-- hello -->
    The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

The one you are using hides stuff from retail customers and shows it to all B2B customers. To hide from specific customer groups, you need to use this:

Code:
      <Actinic:SHOWFORPRICESCHEDULE Schedules="2,3,5" HTML="HTMLCodeGoesHere "/>

The example above will be shown to schdules 2, 3 and 5. HTMLCodeGoesHere needs to be replaced with your HTML code. If there are any double quotes " in your HTML replace them with single quotes ' otherwise it won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttypie View Post
        I am using actinic business 9.0.4
        I want to make certain part of products visible only to some customer groups. For example, I want to include video in a product description but make this video accessible only to few.

How can I do this - access restriction as well as add video??

Also I only want to show product prices to One or two customer groups. I tried the thing mentioned in advanced user guide pg 121 -

<Actinic:NOTINB2B><!--</Actinic:NOTINB2B>
        …and put these after the code:
        <Actinic:NOTINB2B>--></Actinic:NOTINB2B>

this doesn't help...its rendered as it is even if i include it under !!<...>!! tags.
        kindly suggest.
        I think I need to explain it again.
        what actinic allows is customisation for hiding prices on basis of customer groups.
        What I want to achieve is hide/show information on basis of customer groups and that too not in all products.
        For example:
        I have product A and B. Both visible to non-registered users. Now in Product A, i want to add information (besides general info) which is visible only to few customer groups not to general public. While product B remains as it is.

Please explain step by step how to do this?
        Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bentleybloke View Post

Code:
          <Actinic:SHOWFORPRICESCHEDULE Schedules="2,3,5" HTML="HTMLCodeGoesHere "/>

The example above will be shown to schdules 2, 3 and 5. HTMLCodeGoesHere needs to be replaced with your HTML code. If there are any double quotes " in your HTML replace them with single quotes ' otherwise it won't work.

Hi, appreciate this thread is a long time dead but how do you determine which price schedule is relates to which number
          Dave

Comment

I don't think there is a way to look that up, it's more a case of trial and error. Most things account related have to be uploaded and tested live, there is no environment to test or look up. Set up a dummy account in each group, setup the group number facility and then login with each dummy account to see what's shown. You can then deduce which account is what. There may be an easier way through the database, i'd go that route myself though.

Comment

Working...
            X