Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting duplicate product pages in the Site Map

Hi All

I have created extended info pages for each product. They are set to open in the same window. I duplicate each product that's in one section and also appear in another 3 sections.

I want to get my site map to include all pages, specifically all extended info pages. I've got code from this forum which is as follows:

<actinic:block type="EntireSectionList">
    <actinic:block type="ProductList">
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPopUpPageGenerated%22%20%2f%3e" >
    <a href="<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoPageName" />"><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/></a><br/>
    </actinic:block>

It is working and make all product pages appear in the sitemap but also including all duplicate products pages.

Is there any way to delete these links of duplicate products in the sitemap? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

There is a producttype variable, that uses codes 0,1 or 2 to differentiate between a product, a duplicate product and a fragment. I can never remember which way round but it's easy to find out if you apply it to a layout. You might be able to use that in a BlockIf to filter out any duplicates.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      There is a producttype variable, that uses codes 0,1 or 2 to differentiate between a product, a duplicate product and a fragment. I can never remember which way round but it's easy to find out if you apply it to a layout. You might be able to use that in a BlockIf to filter out any duplicates.
      Thank you so much, Leehack. Is that possible to give me more details? I am not good at using variable and block if. Is there any other worthy thread to read and learn?

Many thanks

Comment

Try this, see if it works:

Code:
        <actinic:block type="EntireSectionList">
        <actinic:block type="ProductList">
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPopUpPageGenerated%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200" >
        <a href="<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoPageName" />"><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/></a><br/>
        There's a tutorial thread in the forum with some great BlockIf tutorials, well worth a read.

Comment

Thanks for the code, Leehack. But it is same as I have attached. It is working fine for extended info pages but including all product pages--original and duplicate ones.

Comment

Hmm i'm surprised it doesn't work, i presume extended info pages are not highlighted as duplicates then although it runs on the product list and filters that. I have no other ideas right now i'm afraid, i never use extended info pages, i detest them, so would only have ideas if you were using subsections and products instead.

Comment

Try this instead:

Code:
              <actinic:block type="ProductList" ><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPopUpPageGenerated%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductType%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3d%3d%200" ><a href="<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoPageName" />"><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/></a><br/></actinic:block></actinic:block>

Comment

Try this instead:

Code:
                <actinic:block type="ProductList" ><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPopUpPageGenerated%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductType%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3d%3d%200" ><a href="<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoPageName" />"><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/></a><br/></actinic:block></actinic:block>
                Thanks, Trying

Comment

Try this instead:

Code:
                  I appreciate your help very much. It's working well.

Comment

Working...
                  X