Can't print invoices or packing lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't print invoices or packing lists

I have searched for a solution but with no joy. Actinic was taking a long time to print packing lists, so we rebooted in an attempt to fix this, but now it isn't printing anything at all. There is a longish pause and then a error box comes up with the little yellow triangle but there is no message in it. Have tried deleting 'printer settings' from registry as is suggested in another thread, but this has made no difference.

Printing to a PDF kind of works but the page is blank.

Baffled - I haven't changed anything.

Any help?

It sounds as if actinic can't read the .rpt files. I'd be surprised if both got corrupted at the same time so I'd try compacting the database in case an error's crept in.

If that doesn't work you'll need to check your .rtp files are there and maybe find some new ones just in case they have been corrupted. If you have two sites then you might find a duplicate set there as I'm not sure there are any in the originals folder, etc.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Is it the same with a print preview in Actinic?

Comment

Thanks Mike. Have tried compacting the database with no joy. It's as though the com is looking for something that it can't find - little blue vista circle is there for a long time, followed by 'not responding' followed by actinic error message that isn't actually a message - just empty box.

Yes, preview is the same - not working.

Edit: preview kind of works but just shows a blank page. When I close it down the actinic error message is there - which again is an empty message.

Comment

Is it the same for all the other reports?

Comment

preview kind of works but just shows a blank page. When I close it down the actinic error message is there - which again is an empty message.

Yes, I tried to preview a sales analysis and it's the same i.e. blank page.

I feel it's something simple, but don't know what. Came about by itself. This wasn't after any changes at all. The process of printing anything was getting slow - few days like this - then after a reboot, nothing.

Comment

The error message has a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it. I believe this signifies a 'report processing error', although what I need to do to fix it is beyond me

Edit. Ok now the message actually has a message of 'Not enough memory for operation'. Computer is 2gb ram and I only have IE open.

Comment

My 'error message':

I like the 'ok' button. Ok what?

Comment

I doubt its corrupt report files. Jan might pop round and read this and have something to add but failing that I think you should be thinking of making very good backups (snapshots and the complete Site1 folder) and then reinstalling Actinic.

Comment

Yes thanks. Was thinking the same. I'm going to have to stay behind after work on a nice sunny day to sort this

Comment

Just for the record, I have fixed this by doing a disk cleanup and reboot. It seems it's something to do with an excessive build up of temporary files.

Comment

Working...
                      X