Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insert Flash with links on index page

Hi,
    I want to insert the flash instead of the actinic generated simple text links in the main content area. I'm a new user and has a very basic knowledge of actinic.
    Please if someone can guide me through the step by step process for including the flash file in Actinic V9 then I would really thank from the core of my heart. Please help me out or my boss is gonna kick me off.

There are newer methods but this should help: http://community.actinic.com/showpos...78&postcount=3

Note: do this in a fragment:
    !!<
    code here
    >!!

Comment

Hi Duncan, thanks for the reply. The solution you gave worked for me but just wanted to confirm, that, after searching for a while I got a post which said to add the flash file into the additional files, now,
      1) what's that "Additional Files" option used for? AND
      2) will I've to copy the file in my acatalog folder or is there another way to add it using Actinic?
      Sorry for asking too many questions but you can understand a condition of a newbie.
      Thanks once again for the solution.

Comment

If it is already working online then you have nothing more to do, if it works on your pc but the file is not uploaded online then place your flash file into the Site1 folder or a subfolder of it and in Actinic go to Design - Additional Files and add the flash file to that list. Actinic will then ensure that the file is uploaded. Actinic uploads all files expect scripts to the acatalog folder.

Comment

Hey Duncan really thanks for the quick support!
          I really appreciate the solution you gave me.
          Now, I've some other query but I don't know that it is the right place for my query or not.
          Someone before me has created the site using actinic and he has inserted some links on the home page, you can see it here: "http://www.getthroughguides.co.uk/acatalog/index.html" first 8 links below the header (Reduced worldwide shipping.......).
          Now, I'm not understanding that how to edit them, whenever I click them in the "design tab" and try to edit it in the "Layout code tab" then it shows me two lines:
          1) Orange text (Click here to edit list layout settings)
          2) Red text (Section link)
          Now, what I want to do is that I've created a flash menu and want to insert it instead of those 8 links, the question is :
          1) How to insert that flash menu instead of those 8 links AND
          2) How to give the links in the flash menu

Hope you wouldn't get angry for asking so much question. I'm really caught in a trouble.
          Thanks

Comment

Click on 'Online Catalog' in the Content Tree (it may be called 'ACCA Book Shop' in your case), then Click on the Layout tab for the Section. In there you will see a part called Section - change the 'Bottom Sub Section List Layout' and 'Top Sub Section List Layout' to 'No Layout' (Note that this may affect all sub sections under it so you may have to go into each of them to change them back to what they were)

You can then add a fragment to that section page and place your flash into that.

You will of course now have to manually maintain the flash menu instead of Actinic automatically adding the links in if you add additional sub sections.

Comment

Hey Duncan, you know you are really a great person and I would really like to thank you from the core of my heart. The solution worked and it was so simple and I reacted like a dumb. Anyways thanks and one thing more, that, if further I get any problem which would relate to the same, then, should I reply to the same post or create a new one?

Comment

If it's to do with flash then you may as well post here, if you're not sure then create a new thread.

Comment

Hey Duncan my New Products list has disappeared from the time I updated my site. It was on the left side.
                  In there you will see a part called Section - change the 'Bottom Sub Section List Layout' and 'Top Sub Section List Layout' to 'No Layout' (Note that this may affect all sub sections under it so you may have to go into each of them to change them back to what they were)
                  Is it because I've changed the layout to no layout?
                  If it is so how to sort it out in a way which would not affect the other ones.
                  Thanks.

Comment

Changing that setting should not have done anything to New Products. You must have done something in one of the layouts or disabled it in the Marketing settings.

Comment

Unless the time parameters inside the settings have elapsed.

Comment

Hey thanks, problem is solved.

Comment

Working...
                        X