Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affiliate Programs / systems

Hi

We are currently thinking about and looking into setting up and affiliate system.

Can any one point me in the right direction, we are actinic V9 users, (waiting a little while before upgrading to V10) and are looking for a low cost solution.

What we are after achieving a system that will allow us to put banners on other sites, and track the clicks, via cookies, through our site until the checkout and then track the sales total with out the postage, so we can pay a commission on those sales.

ideas and suggestions welcome!
    Steve Indigo

Indigo Herbs of Glastonbury

Indigo Herbs Blog

You could create a separate brochure page for each affiliate and then track the traffic/sales through Google Anayltics.

The hide those pages in your brochure navigation:

Hiding Actinic Pages in Website Navigation

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

We used to use AAPro which has deep linking and worked well.

I haven't heard of anyone using it for a while but give them a call.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the reply's.

I dont like the brochure page solutions, most due to the time needed to set up each new account and managing it. Also our tracking in Google Anayltics does not show the totals of each sale and the sales funnel thing is a bit of a mystery to me.

I am looking at http://www.allaffiliatepro.com, the basic software starts at $449.

Can anybody review this software for me?
        Do you use it?
        What's the actinic integration like?
        Steve Indigo

Indigo Herbs Blog

Comment

I been using it for a couple of months.

It seems ok. I had them install it and create a few banners.
          It's possible not as sophisticated as some of the hosted services but when i contacted them they didn't think they'd send me enough traffic for it to be worthwhile.
          As far as i could find it's the only one that claims to actinic compatable.

Comment

You also get a discount on AAP if you have Actinic Cover.

Comment

I am looking into this as well.

One idea I had was to create a discount code (with no discount) and give this to the affiliate to publish.

Then when entered online it appears to work by giving no discount but a report can be produced which shows the orders which have used the code. Admittedly we are using this for people who will want to raise money for the organisation publishing the code (so clubs and societies).

Will require a bit more work to manage but is free to implement.

Yours

James
              www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
              www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
              www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
              www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
              www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

Does this thread help in any way?
                http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=35166
                "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Originally posted by JimboS View Post
                  I am looking into this as well.

One idea I had was to create a discount code (with no discount) and give this to the affiliate to publish.

Then when entered online it appears to work by giving no discount but a report can be produced which shows the orders which have used the code. Admittedly we are using this for people who will want to raise money for the organisation publishing the code (so clubs and societies).

Will require a bit more work to manage but is free to implement.

Yours

James
                  I think it's unlikely to get much uptake as there is no follow on tracking. Most people don't buy on the first visit but 2nd,3rd or 4th. Ours is set to track for 60 days from the first referral.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                    You also get a discount on AAP if you have Actinic Cover.
                    Has anybody has a discount from AAP, for having Actinic Cover?
                    Steve Indigo

Indigo Herbs Blog

Comment

Originally posted by chickenhouseman View Post
                      I been using it for a couple of months.

It seems ok. I had them install it and create a few banners.
                      It's possible not as sophisticated as some of the hosted services but when i contacted them they didn't think they'd send me enough traffic for it to be worthwhile.
                      As far as i could find it's the only one that claims to actinic compatable.
                      How has it been working for you?
                      have you had much uptake?
                      Steve Indigo

Indigo Herbs Blog

Comment

It's working, not quite as well as i'd hoped but ok.

If got about 25 affiliates, mostly forums that are relevant and a few enthusiasts sites.

It does require a fair amount of work finding potential affiliates, the likes of webgains have an advantage here but when i spoke to them they didn't feel they had enough opportunities for either of us so i had to go it alone.

Comment

The primary reason we used AAP was not for affliliate sales but rather to track email newsletter response and related sales. The deep product links were very effective for this. We created a new affiliate for each email campaign for tracking.

Comment

Working...
                          X