Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replace the actinic generated text with Flash and Image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace the actinic generated text with Flash and Image.

Hi,
    What I want to do is replace the text generated by actinic with a flash file or an image. Is it possible?
    Now, for example you can see on following link:
    http://www.getthroughguides.co.uk/acatalog/
    the text on the left side in a container "store sections" should be replaced with a flash file, and on the right side you can see a dull texty "cart details" box, the text in this should be replace with a good looking image.
    And in the attached image you can see some icons "ST / QB / KN", these are some which I've added, what I want to do is replace the titles of those boxes which are in bold with the image strips.
    As I'm a beginner in actinic I need support to complete the project.
    Thanks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	icon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	546435

The list of sections on the LHS is automatically maintained by Actinic. You can change this to be whatever you want such as a flash menu but it would need to be manually maintained if you change any section names or add/remove any sections in Actinic.

Note that by replacing the text with flash you also need consider the impact that this will have on the search engines.

To make the changes you are mentioning you will need to have a good grasp of the design side of Actinic, HTML and CSS. I suggest you backup your site and then start experimenting in the design side of Actinic. If you are not confident in your HTML and CSS skills then that would be the first thing to brush up on.

Comment

Yep, agree with Dunc

And don't forget if you replace text with flash you will lose the text for seo purposes and iPhone etc can't see flash

Comment

You can provide text for SEO (and iPhone!) purposes by inserting the Flash using the SWFObject method.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Hey Duncan can you tell me where will I've to put the HTML code for replacing the text?
          The things I want to replace is:
          1) Store sections (On Left hand side)
          2) View Cart (On the Right hand side)

Comment

Originally posted by avirat View Post
            As I'm a beginner in actinic I need support to complete the project.
            Respectfully, please take note of Duncan's suggestion that you learn more about how to design within Actinic and brush up on your existing html and css skills.

Adding in flash at this stage in your Actinic experience is running before you can walk.

While this is indeed a user forum, it's not a free design and support website.

Going on one of the regular Actinic courses would make your life a whole lot easier.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hey Jules, I do welcome your suggestion of going through the course, but I am at a stage now where I'm in the water and doesn't know the swimming, what I can do is call for help or die.
              I'm trying my hard to grasp the software but it'll take some time.
              And I also didn't know that, this is a user forum. I just started asking queries because I saw people calling for help and raising their queries on this forum.
              Hope you wont take me wrong!

Comment

Working...
              X