Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with taking payment

Hello all,

Im still pretty new to using Actinic, and now our first order has been placed. On the checkout pages, it is all fine but upon taking card payment, it asks for everything but the 3 digit security code on the back of the card...
    We are currently taking payments, then putting them through on our own card machine, that is why I need the 3 digits.

If anyone could shed some light on how I go about getting this sorted, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Nick
    'Cheers Ears'

Nick

Dynabrade Tools and Accessories For The UK - DynaShop

Please read this and related posts: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=44106

Comment

3 digit security code.

In the business settings (settings menu) go to your payment and security tab. Highlight your payment method (credit card details captured for later payment) and click on the configure method button. In the pop-up dialogue box check the CW2 box for each card type you are accepting. This will enforce capture of the 3 digit code. Hope this helps you.
      Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
      www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Duncan, that was going to be my next suggestion as well. You preempted me. I would be very, very wary of going down the credit card capture route.
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

Comment

Ok, thanks for the replies.

So after reading about being PCI DSS compliant, would it be best to set up actinic payments?
          I know nothing about this side of eCommerce, as we usually deal with over the counter sales!

Thanks again
          'Cheers Ears'

Nick

Dynabrade Tools and Accessories For The UK - DynaShop

Comment

That would be a very good move. Taking credit card details and storing them is just not an option today. I would sign up ASAP either for Actinic or Sage pay.
            Steve Griggs.

Comment

Working...
            X