No announcement yet.

trying to show Related Products on a detail page layout made from extended info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to show Related Products on a detail page layout made from extended info

Hi all,
    I'm a bit of a newby here, so please be gentle....

We are not far from completing a new design for our store but have come across a hurdle in the final parts of functionality....

We have a product detail page layout made from extended info page and are trying to show related products on the layout.

You can see the design below.

http://sitesdesigning.com/tester/aca...ion.html#a6875

I am finding it difficult to find any reference related to this that might give a clue as to how to do it.

Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Just put

<actinic:variable name="ProductRelatedProductsList" />

into your Extended Info layout.

P.S. I think you've got NorList Setup twice in your overall layout. The correct place is just above the </head> tag.

Also the line

<actinic:variable name="BaseHref" />

doesn't seem to be in your Extended Info layout. It usually is and is needed so that the Search Results aren't broken. I tried searching for "lodge" and the first result was broken when I clicked it. It may also be missing from some other overall layouts.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,
      I have products listed under sections ie: http://www.valves-online.co.uk/acata...all_valve.html

Is it possible to still have related products on this type of page?
      I have tried adding your suggestion to the inner layout and even product html under ref but nothing shows.

UPDATE
      I have now added this to the product layout and used the last product in the list to reference the related products which works, cheers!
      One last thing, is there a way to show the related product images as well?

Any help would be appreciated.
      Keith

Cheers Keith

Comment

Working...
      X