Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock control not accurate

Hi

Anyone else here have problems with stock control.

Actinic support do not seem to know Actinic stock control is not accurate, am I the only one?

Cheers

Jerry

Actinic v9 provides stock monitoring, not stock control, perhaps you think you have something you don't? In v10 there is real time stock control, it's the first version that does have though.

Comment

Hi

OK slight change in terminology, I know it is not real time online stock control but what ever you call it it should be accurate.

Cheers

Jerry

Comment

What are you experiencing for it not to be accurate? That's not something i've heard mentioned about it in the many years previously. It's limiting, it's crap, it's clunky for sure, never not accurate. I'm guessing with no info at all, that it might be to do with cancelled or PSP pending orders or alike?

Comment

Do you have "allocate stock for psp pending orders" ticked perhaps? Were the stock levels you input not correct?
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hi

I do have Allocate stock for PSP pending orders ticked, but surely once you have deleted or processed these orders the stock levels should reset to be accurate.

I tried with it un ticked but then all psp pending orders that ended up being processed were not having there stock minused.

Give me some allowance for common sense, yes the stock levels are input accurately.

Cheers

Jerry

Comment

One other thing to check - do you have choices and attributes and hidden products? If so, where are your stock levels set?

I've never had issues with the stock monitoring but then I'm probably lacking common sense.
              Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

We used to have lots of problems with the stock figure not being accurate in v9 particularly with hidden products. Since upgrading to v10 they have all but disappeared - I do still have an Access query that flags up any stock errors though.
                Unusual Silver Jewellery
                Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
                Crystal Healing Jewellery
                Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Actinic V9 Not fit for purpose

I have finally got the bottom of the problem.

There is a bug in the software that they know about and have known about since 2008 which means that if you use HSBC secure ePayments your stock control will not be accurate.

Not something I am happy with at all but the only solution they will offer me is to pay lots more money to upgrade to version 10, not somtheing I intend to do.

This product just is not fit for purpose.

Cheers

Jerry

Comment

I use HSBC EPayments and have never had a problem with stock monitoring

Comment

Originally posted by smileeej View Post
                      I have finally got the bottom of the problem.

There is a bug in the software that they know about and have known about since 2008 which means that if you use HSBC secure ePayments your stock control will not be accurate.

V9 (and previous) has never had stock control - only stock monitoring. V10 has stock control.

Sorry to sound picky but we have had plenty of discussion on this forum about stock control/monitoring and was mentioned at the start of this thread.

Can you explain why stock monitoring fails for you when you use HSBC?
                      Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                      SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                      Based in rural Northants

Comment

As I said there is a bug that they know about, the terminology is totally irrelevant stock control or what ever you call it is not accurate and they have known about it since 2008!!

Comment

Originally posted by smileeej View Post
                          the terminology is totally irrelevant stock control or what ever you call it
                          Actually this is important as they are two very different things.

and yes there has always been a problem, i regulary get errors by one or two, i have never managed to pin point it and i now control stock through sage and import the levels regulary to keep them updated.

If you ask George at football heaven about it im sure he can give you plenty of details

Comment

Working...
                          X