Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Coupon Codes?

Hello everyone,

About to launch a new Actinic site and our client wants to create some coupon codes to generate some buzz and sales.

"That's fine" I said ... "no problem"

Then he tells me he wants 5000 unique coupon codes!

The idea is we give 5000 business their own code, which they are invited to pass around. The codes need to be unique so that we can see who has passed the code around most .. the ones who do, gets 10% of the value of the sales generated off the back of their code back.

So my questions are:

1: Can Actinic handle this many codes?
    2: Is there a way to import coupon codes into Actinic from a csv (or other) file?
    3: Is there a better way of doing this, that I haven't thought of? :S

thanks for any help and advice.

You can enter them directly into the Discounts table in the database by using a query or from a linked Excel file. Backup first and then get down and dirty in the database. Beware as well that the online fil file will get very large - I don't know what effect that may have.

A similar thing was done in the past for 30000 codes but it was done using some clever code developed by Gabriel Crowe and used on a site for Jont but it used an online database IIRC.

Comment

You can import coupon codes into the 2 tables in the database BUT the .fil page handling them online grows seemingly exponentially - from memory I got 2000 in there and the file was around 3MB which killed Actinic online.

Gabe did indeed code me script for a site which ran from an online SQL database and integrated into the Actinic checkout feature and was self deleting upon use. This is the ONLY solution for coupon codes into the thousands.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for your help guys.

Sounds like we're going to run into problems if we do this, I think we'll go a different route.

cheers

Comment

Working...
        X