Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script error after adding to cart

Hi,

On occassions we are getting a script error when adding a product to cart.

It only happens when a customer uses the search bar to find a product and that product has components. If the search is used to find a product that hasn't got components then it's fine.

All of our components have related hidden products.

Hope someone has heard of this and might know what to do.

Cheers
    bathroom suites

A URL and a sample product would help.

Comment

Cart Error

Hi,
      Just asking if anyone has geard of this error before:
      1) Use the search bar.
      2) Find the product
      3) Add it to cart
      4) You get script error?

This only happens when the product has components.

Anyway I was going to put the URL down for you to check but basically I've had enough of the support and considering my options. I put a ticket in to actinic 3 weeks ago (for which i have a ref. number) I've called twice chasing it up...not once has anyone called me back. I then was sent an invoice from accounts for my renewal money for support...to which i replied I'll pay you when I receive a call about my existing issue ref ******. :-) To which I still haven't had a reply. Might be just me, but I reckon if you pay a few hundred quid for support the least i expect is a call back telling me they don't know how to fix my problem? Then I'll try someone else. I'm trying to think of a reason not to switch.
      bathroom suites

Comment

I've heard of this before, like most problems of this sort, first purge all unwanted data in the housekeeping menu, then compact the database, then increment the script number, then do a website purge and refresh from troubleshooting menu, then try it.

If that still fails, set up a brand new product with component, upload and try a search for that. If that fails stick your head in between your knees and kiss your ass goodbye, your database is screwed.

Register a query with support and then moan on forum about slowness of service and you'll have a reply by monday afternoon, tuesday in your case, cos actinic doesn't break on bank holidays.

Comment

Cart Error

Cheers Lee, didnt work....think it might be time to get rid of the access database full stop and get something as fast as my pending purchase of sage 200.
          bathroom suites

Comment

Hi Lynne,

Please can you advise me of the ticket number for this issue and I can chase it up for you.

Thanks

Paul
            Paul Murphy
            Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X