Offering 3 products for a set price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offering 3 products for a set price

I apologies if this has been asked before, I did a search but couldn't find exactly the same problem...

We're about 3 days away from launching our site and the client has just decided they would like to do a 'Buy 3 for £60' offer on certain products.

There are approx 30 of the products in question, the problem is that while most of the products are £25 each there are some which are £20 each.

The products are likely to be mixed, so someone may buy 2 X £25 and 1 X £20 and still be entitled to the offer.

Is this type of offer possible in Actinic, is so can anyone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I'm trying to think of a lateral way to do this, I don't think you can, try converting him to a % off instead.

Comment

Hmm. Perhaps you could do 3 discounts on sliding scale, if 65 then 5 off, if 70 then 10 off and if 75 then 15 off. Set the 75 rule first.

Comment

Lee,

thanks - I think that might just work... I was never any good at lateral thinking.

I'll let you know if I get it to work.

Comment

Just an update on this..

Did as instructed and it works great... up to a point

If you buy 3 it works - total = £60
          If you buy 6 it works - total = £120
          If you buy 9 = £170 (should be be £180)
          If you buy 12 = £210 (should be £240)

not sure what is happening there (any ideas?), and although it's unlikely that many items would be bought, it's made me a bit nervous.

So I've simplified the offer to just the £25 items.

thanks anyway.

Comment

Could you tick only once per order?

Comment

If you had the products in the group (assuming they cost the same), then you could provide a discount such that when you bought any two it would offer a third for the amount that would make the total up to £60.

Just a thought. Haven't tried it so not sure if it will work.

Chris

Comment

@Lee - I did tick the only once per order button and it is slightly better.

However it still allows you to use each discount once (so you could buy 3 of the £25 items and get the £15 discount off, you can then buy another 3 items and get the £10 discount and then again to get the £5 discount.), this worked ok for me and then I got a colleague to test it he added 6 items (in a different order to me) and it took off too much money.

I'm going to have another look at this later this afternoon. (determined to get it to work )

@cbarling - thanks, unfortunately there are two different prices for the items. Although I am using this method currently until I can get it working in a more robust way.

Comment

Ok, so I have found the problem - but I've got no idea if there is a solution. I guess I'm just posting this for information.

Recap:

2 different products 1 @ £20 and 1 @ £25

Would like 3 of any mix of these products for £60.

Have set up the following:
                  Added all relevant items to a product group.
                  Set up discounts for the product group:
                  If Value = £75 then £15 off
                  "" "" = £70 then £10 off
                  "" "" = £65 then £5 off

selected 'only once per order'

This works, up to a point, however if a customer adds 1 x £25 product and then 3 x £20 products rather than get £5 discount (25+20+20 = 65) they get £15 off because Actinic is seeing it as (25+20+20+20 = 85).

What it really needs is for the discount to still trigger at £75/70/65 but then only based on the first 3 items.

Which I guess just isn't possible.

Anyway - thanks for your help

Comment

It will never be based on the first 3 items and never should be, it should be based on the best 3 products to base it on, just as the shopper would think.

You somehow need a parameter that says the total must be calculated from 3 products only, that sounds a tricky one. Hmmm.

Comment

Working...
                    X