Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup without Snapshot

Hi all,

I just wanted to check something with you guys before I do it ... I'm pretty sure its ok, and have done a search on it ...

I need to re-install Actinic on a business user system and wondered if it was ok to copy the 'site' directory, uninstall Actinic, reinstall Actinic and then copy the 'site' folder back in ...

Would this work ok?

I have a problem with creating a snapshot, and feel this might be my only option having tried everything else.

Thanks in advance,
    Simon
    Simon Williams
    Actinic Designer v.8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

You will also need to make note of your security encryption key, authorization key and Web username and password as found in Housekeeping | Security.

If you have issues in creating snapshots then you should try to sort it out as it may point to an issue in the database.

Comment

Hi Doug,

Thanks for that ...

I have a "Buffer Overrrun" error, but although there are threads about this issue, there don't seem to be too may solutions.

One mentioned a re-install of Actinic (from Lee, I think), but I need to take a current backup of the data.

Thanks again,
      Simon
      Simon Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Williams View Post
        Hi Doug,
        Or even Duncan

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Didn't fix the problem anyway .... still getting the buffer overrun error ...
          Simon Williams

Comment

Working...
          X