Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notes for OUT of STOCK item

On every product I would like to have a box that I can put notes such as:
    "Expected back in stock October 11th", when an item goes out of stock.

If the item is in stock I'd like actinic to ignore this message.
    How do I make a text box inside Item Properties and then how it all works with the if command and variables ?

Thanks...
    www.grafea.co.uk
    Vintage Leather briefcases

http://www.grafea.com
    Designer leather bags
    --------------------------
    Yanni Kioupouroglou

The Advanced Guide has an article "Including the Stock Level into the Store Pages" that also shows how to display a message when the stock is at a certain level. Modify that to display your own BackInStock variable if the count is 0 or below.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

You need to create a custom variable for the message, firstly. Text variable for you to enter the message into, at product level.

Insert it into the layout surrounded by the condition IsStockEnabled and IsInStock == FALSE (pseudo-code, obviously) and it should then only display when product is out of stock

Alternatively, you could set it to display when StockLevel == 0 rather than using the IsInStock condition.

I think that's right anyway. Been a while since I was in that part of the code!
      Tracey

Comment

there's actually a variable for IsOutOfStockShown too, which might be useful
        Tracey

Comment

Fantastic, Thanks.

I'll go with TraceyHand's suggestions as I need a different message for different products rather than a generic message for all items that are out of stock i.e. some items might be back in stock earlier than others.

Thanks again guys...
          www.grafea.co.uk
          Vintage Leather briefcases

http://www.grafea.com
          Designer leather bags
          --------------------------
          Yanni Kioupouroglou

Comment

Working...
          X