Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 and v9 installation

Hi

Please help have installed v9 business plus onto windows 7 computer but it will not find our site file - the one that's supposed to be in my documents. The pathname of c:documents and settings.... etc does not exist. It works fine on my xp computer but this is causing a major headache.

Have had nothing but trouble from day one

Originally posted by Deacon1000 View Post
    ...it will not find our site file - the one that's supposed to be in my documents. The pathname of c:documents and settings.... etc does not exist...
    When you installed Actinic on the W7 computer did it open the default site?

Search your computer for ActinicCatalog.mdb and see where it finds the site databases.

Comment

Thanks will look now, but when we try and upload the disc and install the program - all it offers us is to upgrade current v9 - but there is nothing on the computer already

Comment

this is the error messge we get when we try and open actinic on w7...

"error creating the new site directory (c:/documents and settings\hp_administrator\my documents\actinic v9....) on your pc no such file or directory."

The actiniccatalog.mdb file in is c:/program files\actinic v9\original but not in the 'site' file like it is on the xp computer.

Comment

When you install Actinic v10 it asks if you wish to upgrade your v9 sites or install separately - choose not to upgrade.

It sounds like you need to perhaps uninstall and start again.

Comment

we have nothing to uninstall unless there is a hidden file somewhere....

Comment

and it doesn;t give us any option other than to upgrade

Comment

It should, what flavour of Actinic are you installing? (Catalog, Business, Client)

Comment

business plus v 9.0.4

Comment

Uninstall Actinic from the W7 machine and then delete the directories related to Actinic, then reinstall. Did you search the machine for copies of the database that I mentioned in an earlier post?

It must be something obvious as I have never heard of this before. If the above fails then unless anyone else can think of something I suggest you contact Actinic support.

Comment

turns out the chap who was trying to fix it was just deleting files and not uninstalling - .

All sorted- thanks for the mentioning the word 'uninstall'

Comment

Actinic Sites folders on Windows 7

Originally posted by Deacon1000 View Post
                        this is the error messge we get when we try and open actinic on w7...

"error creating the new site directory (c:/documents and settings\hp_administrator\my documents\actinic v9....) on your pc no such file or directory."

The actiniccatalog.mdb file in is c:/program files\actinic v9\original but not in the 'site' file like it is on the xp computer.
                        Windows 7 does not use the documents and settings folder instead there is a user folder. To find Actinic site on Windows 7 open 'Computer' in explorer (double click the computer icon or click the start button and select computer from the right hand column.

In explorer find libraries in the left column and open documents, you should see an Actinic Vn folder where n is your version (my machine has V8 V9 and V10 folders). The site folders are inside these folders.

Due to security aspects on windows 7 you may not be able to get to the Actinic site folders through c:\users (if c: is your boot drive) which is where they are really stored.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                        Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
                        X