Troubleshooting menu option crashes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubleshooting menu option crashes.

When I select the Help,troubleshooting menu option Actinic 9.0.5 Business Plus crashes and creates a dump file.

It continues to do this with the default demo data after a complete un-install and removal of data, program and registry folders and entries.
    It appears to be specific to the one PC (XP Pro SP3) - but Actinic Support have drawn a blank.

It's not very helpful when a diagnostic option such as Troubleshooting fails - I was hoping to check-out script versions etc for the PayPal debacle.

Actinic also crashes when adding an off-line additional item or adjustment to an on-line order - even after the site has be saved, deleted and restored via a snapshot.

Has anyone else experienced either of these problems?

Nick,

I can confirm that we are looking into this for you and that I have sent you an e-mail just confirming a few more details. If you could come back to me with an answer that would be great.

Chris Law
    Actinic Support
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Originally posted by C Law View Post
      Nick,

I can confirm that we are looking into this for you and that I have sent you an e-mail just confirming a few more details. If you could come back to me with an answer that would be great.

Chris Law
      Actinic Support
      Chis, thanks - I just thought there might be someone out there who has had the same or similar problem, and that might shed some light on it.
      I've replied to your email, I was away at the user conference yesterday, which was very useful.

Comment

Chris got the following response from the development guys:

We can also try re registering the 2 DAOs.
        Open a Command Prompt (or use Start | Run) and run the following 4
        commands (each command is one line):-

Regsvr32.exe /U
        "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Dao\Dao350.dll"

Regsvr32.exe /U
        "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Dao\Dao360.dll"

Regsvr32.exe
        "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Dao\Dao350.dll"

Regsvr32.exe
        "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Dao\Dao360.dll"

If either of the first 2 fail then it indicates that there was a problem
        with the installation. The second 2 should both return successful.

Success, having done that Actinic 10 now loads, gets past the "Database Enging Initiialisation problem" and runs. I can also access the Help, Troubleshooting menu option.

Even better I can now also run the Help, Troubleshooting menu option in my live Actinic 9 program.

Thanks Chris and the dev. guys.

Comment

Working...
        X