Searching values of Custom Variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching values of Custom Variables

I have a client on v905 that has a number of custom variables set up on the products for feed data. They contain info such as part number and manufacturer etc.

The box is checked that should enable the CV contents to be searchable but it does not appear to be working. When searching for a known value in the quick search nothing is returned.

I seem to remember something about this some time ago.
    Does this functionality work correctly?

Does ticking the 'upload' tickbox on the variable make any difference, i have a distant memory that you need to do that also, with of course the variables defined correctly on search settings.

Comment

Thanks Lee - will give that a go.

Comment

I've a feeling that this "searchable" capability is intended for the Advanced Search only. It doesn't seem to mean that these variables values get included in the quick search.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I agree with Norman, these have to be setup on search settings as i understand, which in turn is for advanced search where it offers the drop down lists.

Comment

That does seem to be the case unfortunately. perhaps I'll suggest an advanced search page as a compromise.

Comment

Working...
            X