X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analytics Help

Hi Guys,

Sorry, me again!

Right am having a few problems with the website and Google Analytics. Now I am not certain whether it is a problem with Actinic or GA.....

Basically we had a web designer in a few months back to discuss a re-design and whilst he was here he put some sort of coding into our pages for GA (Although our tracking was working before hand?)

Our average bounce rate for the whole of 2009 was 40%, which according to some research I have done is about average for an E-commerce site. Since what ever changes were made by the designer the bounce rate has dropped to about 6%. This is obviously wrong and not a true reflection. Also if we take a look at the sales for last year on GA and compare with our reports they match up. Since the changes were made this year they are way off by miles.

After asking what had been done I was told that before hand that GA wasn't tracking our checkout pages properly (How is this so if the GA figures and our till reports match up for the whole of 2009)

I'm really confused and in need of a chat with a GA Guru who would kindly spare me 5 minutes of their time to help me determine whats gone wrong?

Thanks

Your home page Google code is wrong and is not recording visits see this page to fix it.
    Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
      Your home page Google code is wrong and is not recording visits see this page to fix it.

Ah super, where do I find the old GA code?

So just delete the old and replace it with the other?

Thanks

Comment

Ignore me, I found it

I just replaced the old code with the new one he mentioned in the post. Fingers crossed

Comment

Um, that new tracker code hasn't made a blind bit of difference.

Bounce rate still isn't right. Any more ideas?

Comment

Any other ideas?

Comment

Working...
            X