Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

out of context - how to change a variable context please

Hi all,

I want to use 'SectionName' in the Title tag and in the meta tags, but I get 'out of context' warning - which I can manually override... but I use mole end automation, so that fails...

anyway, question I have is HOW can I change the contect of SectionName - I know there is a page somewhere that you can tell a variable its context / scope, but I cant fing it for the SectionName variable....

any help appreciated.

andy
    Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
    www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Design | design library | variables

Comment

but...

Yeah lee, thats where I thought.. but I couldnt find SectionName in there?
      Andy Warner

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

Then its not editable and probably rightly so tbh. Try 'thissectionname' like in the breadcrumb trail instead.

Comment

You could try and 'echo' it with php it may bypass the checks then.

Comment

Sounds like you're tying to use SectionName in an overall layout. Obviously there isn't a "Section" to name when Actinic is generating the Brochure, Cart, etc. pages so you get this warning.

Usual solution is to put a BlockIf ( PageType == "Section" ) around any code that uses this variable.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Good spot Norman, that sounds the one.

Comment

schoolboy error.

I realised, whilst mulling it over on the walk to work, that its me being blinkered. Youve just confirmed it for me.

I was working on sections, and of course i'd forgotten that non-section pages use the same code.....

So its a school boy error!

Thanks for your input though guys - Ive used teh code from Jo @ pinbrook for setting page titles. Cheers Jo.

What are you called now... Jo at exPinbrook?
                Andy Warner

Comment

Working...
                X