customized search fileds ?

i want to add different search fileds in my web site like this

please select

make (drop down list)

model (drop down list)

Year (drop down list)

Engine size (drop down list)

my website www.thecarparts.co.uk
    currently have only catagories to select from and i want to arrange those catagories in above search fields.
    could someone please give me an idea how to do it or atleast where to start from,as i have no idea at all how to do it.
    Regards
    Attached Files

Help / Help Topics / Index / Searching On Product Properties may be a useful primer.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thanks norman for ur reply.
      i m looking for seraching sections not the products.
      the one u ve told me is actualy based on broduct properties if u have a look on my website
      www.thecarparts.co.uk

catagories on front page e-g, alpha,audi,toyota
      i want them in Make (drop down list) and then next section which is Model (drop down list) and then next section to search.
      please have a look on the file attached.
      could some one tell me if its possible and how.
      thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Although technically possible, you're going to need significant programming skills and a knowledge of JavaScript and Actinics Advanced List Functionality (see the Advanced Guide for the latter). Google for e.g. "dynamic cascading select boxes" and you may find some tutorials for the former.

The major technical challenge will be dynamically repopulating the subsequent drop-down lists based on the earlier choices.

You may need to use AJAX as there's about 2,800 section names and links to be dealt with and that may be a huge amount of data to load in one go.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X