Replace Corrupt Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace Corrupt Database

Wonder if anyone can help me, I am not very techie, so a little unsure what I shoud do, whilst making changes to my website, I kept getting error messages, so I sent the dtabase to actinic support who have repaired, the problems is how do I use the new database? I have tried to use the database, but when I go to open up actinic I receive a message stating that the database cannot be found, site will remain unchanged and will not open up actinic.

When I replace the database with the old database I can open up actinic, do I need to follow recover database procedure within actinic? And find the new database in the site?

Close Actinic, then you should be able to copy the database into the Site1 folder overwriting the original database (after keeping a backup of your original) and then open Actinic. If that's what you did and you are getting an error from Actinic then I suggest you get back on to support and tell them of the problems.

Comment

What is the name of the file Actinic sent back to you?
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi

It was the same name Actinic.Catalog.mdb, so it just replaced the original database, but when I try to open up actinic I get the following message "unable to locate the database for selected site. This site will remain unchanged"

If I then replace the repaired database with the orginal database I can open up actinic?

Comment

It doesn't normally have a full stop in the middle of the name, have you mistyped or ignored an instruction from them to rename it possibly?

Comment

Apologies I have mistyped the file name is ActinicCataog.mdb

Comment

Originally posted by btldr123 View Post
              Apologies I have mistyped the file name is ActinicCataog.mdb
              Is that a typo?

Comment

yep, should be ActinicCatalog.mdb too much stress!!!

Comment

Send the file back to whoever at Actinic sent it. Let them check whether it causes the error you describe.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for your help. Will send it back to actinic and see if they can advise

Comment

Working...
                    X