Duplicate Page issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Page issue

Hi - wonder if anyone can help? I have SPP's and when I want to duplicate a page eg. from 'Hedgetrimmers' to the relevant Branded section under 'Brand' I copy the original page and paste as duplicate - no problem.
    As would be expected all pages listed under their relevant brand are duplicate pages so there is no issue of mixing 'original' pages with 'duplicates'.

The problem I have is where I want to also list the product as a duplicate in another section where I have original pages set up.
    The layout messes up- displaying the duplicate product first on the page - I have products displayed in 3 across the page but it show the duplicate on it's own and I cannot move it anywhere else . So eg. if I want to show products in order of ascending price I cannot include the duplicate product as it is always displayed first. The way round this is to create another section and copy/paste the duplicate product into this but then I end up with a section which is a 'copy of' which is what I'm trying to avoid.
    Can anyone help please?
    Many thanks
    Juliette

i have read this a few times and still dont get what your saying, can you provide a link showing the pages

Comment

by "products displayed 3 across the page", do you mean sections with single products in?

I suspect you're using Section > Product for your SPPs?

If so, you will have to copy both section and duplicate product to list elsewhere.
      you can rename "copy_of" section URLs, I'm not sure what the problem is here?
      You just need to ensure that whatever you name the URL is unique within the catalogue
      Tracey

Comment

Ahaaaah! Thanks so much for your replies - Tracey your reply made me realise that I had missed the bleeding obvious re. changing the name of the section as long as the URL is unique. Now staring me in the face
        Thanks for your help - really appreciated !
        Juliette

Comment

Working...
        X