Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dreamweaver div tag layout to actinic - problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dreamweaver div tag layout to actinic - problems!

Hello there

We are redesigning our site. Our old site used tables and now I am using div tags and using dreamweaver to build the page layout and registering with actinic. Couple of issues already (I am pretty unsure about using actinic and it seems a trial and error process)

1) The page preview shows the 3 columns awry yet when offline preview is selected the page appears as it should do?

2) The background gradient image on the spry menu bar is not showing in actinic- I presume I need to change the code on the stylesheet in dreamweaver to the file location. At the mo it is:

background-image: url(../leftnavgrad.gif);

The image is saved in the site1 folder

I have saved the css style sheets in the site 1 folder and the preview html folders - is it conflicting with the actinic.css file maybe?

Any help much appreciated.

If in site folder, then use:

background-image: url("leftnavgrad.gif");

File locations are defined relative to the site folder, also " " around the image name is required.

Comment

Thanks I got it working but without the commas so it was
      url (image.gif)
      and saved the image in the preview html > spry assets folder

The page preview is being very weird thou as it keeps going white with the error message 'the page cannot be previewed' yet when I click on offline preview everything appears normal.

If I click on the design tab the website appears and I can click back onto the content tab and it stays there, but if I then click on another section whilst in content view it goes white and shows me the above message again

Any thoughts? - Have had a quick look thru the boards and others have exactly the same prob - do I need to send a site snapshot or was a solution found? I am using an external DW design.

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...132#post124132

Comment

It will be either your coding or your implementation or both at fault, hard to decipher what you have done wrong as you can imagine. Typical example, apostrophes (what you called commas) do have to be used and always have been, actinic stylesheet shows you this, yet you've said not needed. How many other 'without question' rules you should follow, have you not or chose your own route. A few of those and you're into a can of worms territory. Did you read the large warning message that came up on screen before you confirmed the registering of the design and make sure you did what that said?

Preview mode goes into quirks mode and gives all sorts of problems when it encounters sketchy or wrong code, I've never seen weird preview problems without an associated file or coding issue causing it.

Comment

Working...
        X