Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

500 Internal Server Errror caused by RMS (Real Media Streaming)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suggest you download and install something like Notepad++ which will allow you to search for a string in many files at the same time. You can then check all your .pm and .pl files in your site directories.

Comment

Thank you Duncan, I think we posted at around the same time as in my last post it seems that I have finally got it working!

I have only recently gone onto Windows 7 and the advanced file search (where I could have previously searched for strings within files) has disappeared. I discovered this morning that you can search for a string from the Start button - by then entering the string in the 'Search Programs and Files' box, however the results it brings up are most unhelpful, you have to right-click on each filename and then click 'Properties' to discover the physical location of the file, and then you end up losing the list of results that you have just created, meaning that you have to search all over again! It really isn't helpful to see that you have three or four copies of the same file on your PC, but Windows isn't generous in telling you whereabouts they are located.

Anyway, I'm going off on one. Thank you very much for your help, I will take a look at Notepad++ though because the HTML editor I downloaded yesterday turned out to be a bit rubbish!

Comment

I'd recommend one more thing. Some Perl scripts are used rarely (Search, Mail Form, etc) and you really need to know that all are clean.

Go to Help / Troubleshooting / Web Site Purge and Refresh. Tick all the boxes and do Delete and Refresh. Now you can be sure that all the Perl scripts use the Original ones.

Finally, you need to look at your systems security. Several Perl scripts being modified on your backoffice system is extremely worrying.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBee View Post
          I have just checked on the server and 'ao000001.pm' in the cgi-bin folder still has the 'require rms01;' line. I thought this would be corrected when I re-uploaded the site? Or would I have to edit that file manually on the server?
          Actinic upload should replace the file on site but it doesn't always work, did you use refresh web site rather than publish web site, refresh should replace all files.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
          Custom Packages

Comment

the website purge and refresh is the best option as mentioned by Norman

For me this problem does not sound to clever. For these files to have been changed is a concern in my opinion. I would make sure you fully scan your system for a virus or trojan with more than one tool. Also avoid all these free option avaliable on the internet, many have there own trojans inside, AVG is probably one of the few free ones you can trust, also MSE is worth having.

Comment

Working...
            X