Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Options problem.

Hi

We want to create hidden products that are linked back to the original in order to allow us to better tack what we are selling. I was told by someone at Actinic that there is a plug-in in testing that will do this automatically but it won't be available until the end of the year.... so I either have to go through all 800+ products, creating a new hidden product for each of the possible options and then linking them manually (trying to avoid this) or Jan at Mole End has pointed out that you can use the add product option function to cut down on the some of the work.

All seemed fine at first until I uploaded to discover that the new dropdowns were floating off to the right in Firefox and Safari.

http://www.leonpaul.com/acatalog/PRODUCT_TESTING_.html

Below is the code from the test product and also from a working one.
    With table created with the add product option

<div> <input type="hidden" value="on" name="v_999_3"><table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"><span class="text_options"></span><select class="form_input_general" name="v_999_1"><option value="1">1</option><option value="2">2</option><option value="3">3</option></select></td></tr><tr><td valign="top"><span class="text_options"></span><select class="form_input_general" name="v_999_2"><option value="1">Black </option><option value="2">Red </option><option value="3">Navy Blue </option></select></td></tr></tbody></table></div>

Without a table created by right click add new component right click add new attribute right click add new choice. (differet product)

<div> <input type="hidden" value="on" name="v_F60M_3"><div><span class="text_options"></span><select class="form_input_general" name="v_F60M_1"><option value="1">Select Size</option><option value="2">34</option><option value="3">36</option><option value="4">38</option><option value="5">40</option><option value="6">42</option><option value="7">44</option><option value="8">46</option><option value="9">48</option></select></div><div><span class="text_options"></span><select class="form_input_general" name="v_F60M_2"><option value="1">Select Hand</option><option value="2">Right handed</option><option value="3">Left hand</option><option value="4">Back zip</option></select></div></div>

Can anyone tell me why the add product option function creates different code to the usual method of adding products, components and attributes?

I know the reason it's not rendering in the correct place is something to do with the CSS file but I've not got enough experience to fix it.

Any help would greatly appreciated.
Working...
X