X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with editing

Hi.

Our site is at www.brannanshop.co.uk

It's has been a very long time since we update the actual design of the site. Consequently, we do not remember how the hell we do it.

What we want to do is replace the products found in the main section of the home page with an image map. We have the html and image already done for this, but we don't know how to actually edit that part of the site to reflect this.

I know I can easily remove the products (they are sortcuts in the content tree) I just can't physicaly find where to edit the html etc.

Can someone please advise the steps in order to do this.

Is this the correct procedure? http://community.actinic.com/showthr...=front+page+v8

Many thanks in advance.

You may find it easier to add the code you have into a fragment - this way you may not need to get into the code at all.

In the fragment text do this:

!!<

Your html code here

>!!

Comment

Wow, really that simple.

I'll give that a try. Thanks

Comment

Ok I managed to get the HTML to display in the correct position. However, I could not get the fragment tage to work, either both or one of the tags came out of text.

As a result I tried to use the post I linked to at the start but I all I succeded in doing was making all my products dissappear until I eventually worked out what I deleted and replaced it.

So I can make the HTML display, but how can I make it display on the homepage only. An idiots guide would be very helpful.

Many thanks

Comment

The way Duncan suggests is the easiest way to do this. If it's not working then chances are you made a mistake somewhere.

Why not try again and if it still doesn't work, copy and paste what you've entered for us to take a look.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X