Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really Strange Problem

Hi

I am getting emails from customers who are on a wireless connection or laptop saying that at certain times of the day they cannot access my site.

I tried it on my laptop and sure enough the same happened. The site is listed here I have no idea if its anything to do with the site, my server or the customers dial up settings or firewalls, but I tried everything on my laptop to make it come up and it would only ever work first thing in the morning or late at night..

Has anyone ever come up against this problem before?? and if so, found a solution????
    Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Sounds like you should monitor your site's uptime. There are lots of services available to do this on the net.

Comment

Guess you are on a shared server with some heavy other users, change to a better ISP who offers a better service like actinic or a few others often quoted on here
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

This does sound rather odd. The most likely problem is what the others have said but the symptoms make it sound like it might be more complicated.

The only thing I can think of that might fit the description is some kind of DNS failure.

What kind of error do you get ? Is a '404 not found' or 'page cannot be displayed' or 'website cannot be found', etc

When you experience the problem, try checking the dns using a checker such as:

http://www.checkdns.net/quickcheckdomainf.aspx

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X