Image Path in Product Details Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image Path in Product Details Error

I have a serious problem importing a flat file into Actinic Business,.

I ma importing a flat file whihc has image paths in it, but when imported, these image paths in the product details are missing the '/' seperator,.

Whats up here guys,.

Cheers

PLS see attached for ref.
    Attached Files

Create a manual product with the paths and then try exporting the catalog. Open the export and look at the format of the path - try replicating that in your flat file.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
      Create a manual product with the paths and then try exporting the catalog. Open the export and look at the format of the path - try replicating that in your flat file.
      Hi drounding,.
      Yeah, Ta for that, I have the image paths done OK in the flat file, its after they have been imported.

When I check the product details after import everything is fine. And when I preview the site, it's also fine, all images showing correctly etc,.

When I run off and do some more work them come back to editing the section is question again, I open the product details, and even if I do not touch a thing and simply close it, the message will say that the image path is incorrect, because the seperators have disapeared,..!

Comment

PS,.
        also found an older post with same issue, but no solution as far as I can see

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ght=image+path

Comment

I have the image paths done OK in the flat file
          Are you using \ or / in said flat file as the path separators.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
            Are you using \ or / in said flat file as the path separators.

I'm using the / seperator in the flat file before import

Comment

Go to a product in actinic, add an image manually, note the path format and copy it.

Comment

I always use \ when doing a import. Not sure if that is right but it works fine with me.
                Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                  Go to a product in actinic, add an image manually, note the path format and copy it.
                  Cheers Lee,.
                  Yeah, simple enough you would think,. It's puzzling me, it should be straight forward, and it is, and works. But I've just tried it again, initial import is fine, you can preview site. But its serious now, as there are thousands of products, and when I now go into the product details , most of the image paths are loosing the seperator,.

when I import a flat file, it must use the / seperator,. if I try the \ one then I get an error in the 'failed Lines NOT Imported.txt stating

Line 4: The selected image file \IMAGES\Motul\imagetest.gif does not exist.

However '/IMAGES/Motul/imagetest.gif'' works fine.

So importing works fine with this seperator /

The bug seems to be when I then go into the Product Details the seperator is gone, and the attached error message is displayed

For some reason Actinic is stripping out the seperator
                  Attached Files

Comment

You are using Windows when importing these filenames. Windows (and Actinic) expect you to use backslash "\" as the separator.

And that backslash separator is also what Actinic produces when you Export a file in hierarchical format.

In your example you show error: \IMAGES\Motul\imagetest.gif does not exist. There's your problem. Your initial; backslash is referring to the root of your Windows file system. Assuming IMAGES is a sub-folder of the Site folder then lose that initial backslash and try IMAGES\Motul\imagetest.gif instead.
                    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Got to be that leading slash, if you did my method, you should have seen that was not added. This is one of those things, the longer you try to solve the harder it becomes as your eyes starting ignoring things.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
                        You are using Windows when importing these filenames. Windows (and Actinic) expect you to use backslash "\" as the separator.

And that backslash separator is also what Actinic produces when you Export a file in hierarchical format.

In your example you show error: \IMAGES\Motul\imagetest.gif does not exist. There's your problem. Your initial; backslash is referring to the root of your Windows file system. Assuming IMAGES is a sub-folder of the Site folder then lose that initial backslash and try IMAGES\Motul\imagetest.gif instead.

yes yes yes,. that works fine,..... jeez so close yet so far

tired eyes couldn't see the wood for the trees,.

Big TA NormanRouxel,. cheers mate

& appologies to Lee above who give simple correct solution, I just didn't pay attention

Cheers Lads,.
                        I'll have the Guiness ready for ys

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                          Got to be that leading slash, if you did my method, you should have seen that was not added. This is one of those things, the longer you try to solve the harder it becomes as your eyes starting ignoring things.
                          yes Lee, you wuz spot on had I been more accurate. sorry man, square eyes could see it

cheers Lee

Comment

Working...
                          X