X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a new button...

Site:
    http://www.bona1stopshop.co.uk/

As you can see, across the top are some buttons, aswell as the ones at the side. What I would like to do is add a new one across the top, but it seems they are part of the Design Tree. I was wondering if you have any ideas on how to create an item on the Design tree? (If that's what I need to do).

Thanks.

What type of page are you looking to add?. The theme you are using the menu is created with images and you would need to add to that manually in the code.
    Peblaco

Comment

Yes, I know. I'm just wanting to add an affiliates page, and I know I'd have to use the main code..

Comment

I would have thought I know enough HTML to do it. Thing is, when I click it, the links seem to be variables/selectors/etc. For example, the home button is a selector, and I'm wanting to know how I can make my own.

Comment

You could add a standard HTML image and link code after those selectors to add a new link for the menu which would be easier than creating new variables and selectors.
          Peblaco

Comment

I had tried that, but I realised I hadn't inserted ". Thanks for your help! Only thing I'm stuck on now is how to hide a page on the site, but link it to the image I've made. Any ideas?

Comment

Do you mean hide it from the menus? See here or here.
              Peblaco

Comment

Yes, that's what I mean. I would like to hide a brochure page from the sidebar. But, when I tick the box to do so, I cannot link to it anywhere else. Do you know how I can hide it but the link still be active?

Comment

I tried one of the tutorials you posted, the brochure one since it's a brochure page, but it didn't work. I get the option 'Show Section in Sidebar', and I set it to false, but the link still stays there.

Comment

I used the code as said in the tutorial, and then the layout code of the 'Section Name Only Section' is this:
                    Code:
                    <div align="center" valign="center"><a href="<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20AND%0d%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e" ><actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsLoginPageSuppressed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29%20OR%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22UnregCustomersAreNotAllowed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29" ><actinic:variable name="SectionURL" /></actinic:block>" class="product_section">
                       <actinic:variable formatting="font(Name|Tahoma|Size|14|Color|ffffff)" encoding="actinic" name="SectionName" />
                    </a>	</div>
                    It also has block twice at the beginning and /block twice at the end.

Comment

Working...
                    X