Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice need: Only allow an accessory to be bought if a main product has been purch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice need: Only allow an accessory to be bought if a main product has been purch

Hi - a bit of advice needed. I have a page that shows a main product and then a list of accessories.

I only want a customer to be able to purchase an accessory if they have purchased the main product.

See

http://www.cyan-teak-furniture.com/a..._table_set.php

I had a look at doing this with components but they are far too limited.

Any ideas would be appreciated
    Regards
    David

If you won't use components, Javascript (validation) will be your only option i suspect. Unless you create the page as a single add to cart page and have a specific layout for the main product which locks in the quantity so they cannot see it. They'll still be able to adjust in the cart though if they are clever.

Why not increase the extras prices and reduce it via a discount if they buy the main product, an offer you might say, thus reducing all the messing around.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking about that - along with hiding the quantity boxes until a value was entered in the main product field...

...but just thought of a major hurdle to what I want to do in that the main product can still be removed in the shopping basket/checkout.
      Regards
      David

Comment

Yeah I mentioned that, its why I think you should take the other suggestion of a discount instead.

Comment

Yes, you did mention it - I'm scanning too quickly and missing things
          Regards
          David

Comment

Working...
          X