Creating a second pop-up page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a second pop-up page

I've followed the instructions in the Advanced Users Guide for creating an additional pop-up window, but it's not showing up on the product I'm trying to apply it to.

I have a feeling I'm missing out something I should have done before/after going through those instructions, but to be honest (in case it's not obvious!) I don't really know what I'm doing.

Two things I have noticed: in the part of the instructions about creating a layout selector (item 4) it says I should set the 'Tab Name' to 'Extended Information' - I don't have a 'Tab Name' but a 'Panel Name' which can be set to 'Extended Information' and I have done so.

The second thing is when copying & pasting the code at the end into the product layout there's a screen shot showing:

<a href="javascript:ShowPopUp('ProductReference_alt_popup.html', 400,400) etc

on mine it says ProductID rather than ProductReference.

Any ideas where I might have gone wrong? Or are there too many possibilities?

Welcome to the Community, Gail.

The article may have started in V8 and that's why Tabs are mentioned. I think they're called Panels now. Just nomenclature and nothing to worry about.

It also looks like the screen-shots are a bit out of date.

Use the text from that article as it seems up to date. E.g. You will be creating files called (from first bit of instructions, point 8):
    Code:
     <actinic:variable name="ProductID"/>_alt_popup.html
    And the JavaScript that links to them will be:
    Code:
    <a href="javascript:ShowPopUp('<actinic:variable name="ProductID"/>_alt_popup.html',400,400);">Click here to launch extra information page</a>
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Update: There's a possible bug in the code you're using. The ProductID is allowed to contain some characters that will be invalid in filenames. It may be safer to change the two bits of code in the article (and mentioned in my prior post) to replace each instance of:
      Code:
      <actinic:variable name="ProductID"/>
      With:
      Code:
      <actinic:variable name="EncodedProductAnchor"/>
      As this is an escaped version of the ProductID that only contains a-z, 0-9 and _.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman, will have a look at this tomorrow.

Comment

OK, I've gone back and altered those bits of code but I've still got nothing apart from in the Extended Information pane for the product I've now got at the bottom a category called "Other" where "Enable Second Pop-Up Page?" is set to "True" and "Layout for Second Information Page" is set to "Use Parent (=Extra Information Page).

I hope this isn't too tedious, I'm sure I'm not doing something pretty basic but I have no clue what it is I'm missing! (Y'know how it is when you don't know what it is that you don't know?!)

Comment

Working...
          X