Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Business lost it's icon

Here's a strange one...

One day my PC (Windows 7 x64) did one of those shudders where it redraws the desktop for no known reason, and then the Actinic icon in my taskbar was changed to a default icon. It has lost it's picture.

I've tried a restore and it won't come back.

I've looked in the Actinic program directory and 'catalog.exe' - which runs perfectly normally at the moment - has lost it's picture so it's the source file that has the problem.

I can't reassign the icon as the 'assign icon' option in the Properties Tab doesn't seem to be there any more (anyone know where it's gone?) and the other options to assign an icon apply to all files of a type, not just one specific.

Additional stuff:
    I tried creating a shortcut and assigning the icon to that, which it will let me do. But when I click on the icon for catalog.exe, which looks fine, then click okay, it isn't there.
    If I assign it the icon of FlatFileconverter.exe - which looks the same - it looks different in the 'assign icon' panel.

I think the icon file in Actinic is corrupted. Anyone know what it's called?

Can anyone help without me having to do a re-installation?

Thanks
    Kind regards,
    Phil Benjamin

Want to de-stress as you use SellerDeck software?
    http://www.ursulajamesstore.com

You won't have to reinstall, just run the update on top of what you already have ie no need to delete anything, that'll only take 5 or so minutes.

Comment

The icon is contained within catalog.exe.

Comment

Job done

Hi Lee,

Did that. It worked.

Many thanks.
        Kind regards,
        Phil Benjamin

Want to de-stress as you use SellerDeck software?
        http://www.ursulajamesstore.com

Comment

Working...
        X