Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal voucher - button not working

I added the code to this page

The code is from Paypal (copied and pasted) and it shows up fine but when you click the button it keeps you in our website instead of sending to paypal. From my understanding, this should take you to a page like this which is the link you can provide in emails.

I am using V9.05 catalogue and used the html symbols !!< before !!> and after the pay html code to get it inserted into our site. I don't have designer so am perhaps trying to force something that can't be done; which seems like a hyperlink out of the site onto paypal's page designated for our vouchers.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?
    Mike
    www.thebead.co.uk

The Bead Company is the largest bead shop in the UK!

Its:

!!< HTML here >!!

Comment

The Paypal code on the page is ok but you have placed it inside a product description and in doing so have compounded the form tags.

Rather use a text only fragment under the product and add the Paypal code into the fragment text.

Comment

Correct Lee - I knew it was one or the other!
        Duncan - Would I technically then need two separate pages? V9 allows me to have a product page (for instore vouchers) and paypal voucher fragment under the same voucher section but only the product shows up, not the fragment. Should I split them apart into single pages?

Should it be:
        >Section Voucher
        >Section1 - The Bead Company Gift Vouchers
        >Section2 - Online Gift Vouchers
        >Fragment - Paypal Fragment
        >Section2 - Instore Gift Voucher
        >Product - Bead Company Gift Vouchers
        Mike
        www.thebead.co.uk

Comment

You could use the structure you've made but the fragment on the product page should show up you if are using SPP.

Are you using a proper section per product (SPP) or using the extended info pages for this though?

Comment

I believe I am using SPP. The exact naming is as follows under our Online Catalogue:

Vouchers>The Bead Company Vouchers > Online Gift Voucher or Instore Gift Voucher (this is Section>Section1>Section2)

Then within the Online Gift Voucher Section I placed the Fragment - Paypal Bead Company Voucher

within the Instore Gift Voucher Section I then placed the Product - Bead Company Gift Vouchers.

The Instore sections work fine but I see that the Section = Vouchers doesn't show anything but a blank page nor does the Section2 = Online Gift Voucher.
            Mike
            www.thebead.co.uk

Comment

Try just adding a fragment with any normal text - it should display on the page.

Comment

Not sure what is up. I deleted the fragment and additional section it was under and then did a purge of these. I then compacted the databases and started over. It still doesn't work. Even excluding the Paypal code and just having normal text as you indicated Duncan didn't work. I opted to insert a hyperlink to our paypal gift page instead of the button and have opened up a ticket with Actinic to see what gives. They agreed the method with a Section and fragment underneath it should work.
                Mike
                www.thebead.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X