Retrieving Deleted Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retrieving Deleted Order

I have discovered that a single order from several months ago has at some point in the last month been deleted and purged in error I assume as it is now missing).

The order is present in a copy of the database and snapshots from 1 month ago, is there any way of getting this one order into the current database.
    I don't believe I can do an export/import as Actinic doesn't have the option to append to the database only overwrite IIRC.
    I also don't think playing around directly in the Access database will help as I assume the tables are all linked and not a simple cut & paste job.

Does any have any suggestions how I can retrieve the order.

Would I be correct in assumming that once the order is deleted and purged through Actinic the record in the database has gone forever and not just hidden away.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

If you have the old snapshot you could temporarily load it and export the order to csv files but you cannot append the order to the current database.

Comment

That confirms my initial thoughts. I already have the order in an exported csv file so not major problem just annoying.

Is merging of orders still on the wishlist or is this something that is very difficult to achieve.
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

I expect this is difficult to achieve due to the complexity.

Comment

Could you just recreate the order in the db from the details you have in the csv?

I've done this in the past when I didn't understand Actinic.
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

There are a lot of db relationships between order, persons, order details, etc with some many to one links as well as the order number, tax point and invoice numbers.

You could of course simply redo the order in Actinic if it's just a case of wanting a record of the purchase.

How did you do it Jules?

Comment

Thanks Jules/Duncan,

I think I might recreate the order manually as suggested. Is there likely to be any problem if I then change the order date directly in MS Access as I don't want the order showing as todays date.
              Darren Guppy
              Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

What I did was create a new order in Actinic under the new order tab. Then I went into the Access db (backed up first ), and changed the values there to the original ones e.g. Order number, time and date of order. It worked.
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
                X