Back Up Problem on New Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Up Problem on New Computer

I'm trying to move a site in v8.5.3 from a Windows XP computer where it is working fine to a new Windows 7 machine. I have installed Actinic on the new computer, updated with the latest patch so both machines are operating the same version and imported a snapshot taken from the old computer.

All seems to be well until I try to back up when I get an error message - it seems to be think it is v7. (Over the years this site has been in v6, v7 and v8).

Actinic encountered an error backing up C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\Backup.mdb to C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\Previous.mdb. The system cannot find the path specified.

Any suggestions for sorting this please?

Following is some registry information - if you do not know how to use the registry then I strongly suggest you don't do it. Making changes in the registry can permanently affect you computer, to the extent that it may not operate. Continue at your own risk.

Here goes:

Close Actinic

Launch regedit.exe and navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Actinic\Catalog8\Sites\Site1\DBBackup
    in there you will should an entry similar to:
    C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1

On the left pane right click on DBBackup and select export, save with a name of your choice. This is your backup in case you have a problem as a result of the changes. To reinstate you can just double click on the file.

Now right click on DBBackup and choose delete.

Open Actinic
    You should now be able to backup your database.

Note: that this information is valid for v8 and v9 but not for v7, I don't think the key is used in v10.

Comment

Thank you drounding for your detailed post.

In the meantime I have sorted it out in an alternative way.

I went to Housekeeping - Backup - Shutdown Backup Options and changed the path to site1 in v8. After clicking OK it is now backing up fine. On the old machine it had been backing up into v7 files and these settings had transferred to the new computer.

Thank you again.

Comment

I knew it was tucked away somewhere. Just couldn't remember where

Comment

Working...
        X