Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to basket problem

Hi.

I've searched the forums but can't seem to find the exact same issue we're having.

The page our customer used was http://www.printerbase.co.uk/acatalog/phaser-6280.php although i don't think the issue is directly related to this particular page. We are using Actinic V8 (8.5.3.2.2.2.I.D.H.B).

The customer contacted us to let us know that when he clicked the buy button on a product, the item did not show in the 'Basket Details' box when the page bounced back to the product page. The item 'was' still in the shopping cart however.

The strange thing is it only seems to happen on certain PCs. I've tried to re-create the problem on several PCs around the office and it only occurred on 1 out of 5. I thought it was maybe an Internet Explorer version issue but have found 2 PCs running the exact same version number (8.2.7601.17514) and only one of them has the problem.

I've tried clearing cookies etc to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone had the same issues?

Any help would be much appreciated.

the item did not show in the 'Basket Details' box when the page bounced back to the product page.
    This is usually a sign of someone accessing the website without using www. in the url.

Most webservers work fine and display the same content whether or not the www. is used, but these are technically different sub-domains and most browsers these day's will only let the users cookie be accessed from the same subdomain that issued it.

The typical symptom is that a customer clicks the 'buy' button from a product page without www. Actinic calls the scripts from the www. subdomain and the cart page shows the product in the page and creates the cookie with the product in it (again on the www. subdomain). The customer returns to the product page without www. and the cart box says there are no products because it can't see the cookie with the product in it.

The solution is fairly simple:

1. Always use www. in your network settings.
    2. Always link to your website using www.
    3. Slightly technical: Use htaccess file to redirect anyone using your domain without www. to the the www. domain.

Mike

PS. I can reproduce this problem on your website.

- Visit your site without using www. (delete your printerbase cookie first)
    - Search for a product
    - Click on a product in the results
    - Click the buy button
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X