Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Sellers List How to stop it showing up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Sellers List How to stop it showing up?

I have disabled both the Best Sellers list and New Products List from the Marketing menu and also checked that all products are excluded from those lists but the Best Sellers and New Products links are still showing up in my sidebar. They obviously link to blank pages so I'd really like them to not show up as links at all. I've dug and dug and seem to see how else to get rid.

Any ideas

Kind regards

Leigh

Easiest way if you don't mind them on your home page:

Settings | Site Options | Layout | New Products List | LOcation | Home page only

If you are happy using the design tab, then simply find the lists in the layout, and comment them out. To navigate the layouts, go to design tab, page preview, and click on the area you want to work on (in your case, the new products list in the sidebar). Switch to the layout code tab, and the layout selectors concerned will be highlighted. You may need to navigate to the parent layout (you are looking for the 'outer layout').

See below how I have commented out <!-- --> the lists concerened from the outer layout

<!-- <actinic:variable name="NewProductListSidebar" value="Silver New Products List" /> -->

<!-- <actinic:variable name="BestSellerListSidebar" value="Silver Best Sellers List" /> -->

If you have not worked with layout design before, you will need to do a bit of reading within help first.

Comment

Fleetwood,

Thanks for that. I'm thinking I must have a bug somewhere as I tried the first option of making it home page only but both still show up on my sidebar in my products sections. I'll now look at commenting it out. I've done some work in the design view before so should be ok. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
        You also uncheck the enable in the settings in the marketing menu.
        Yep, both unchecked

Comment

Hmmm, very frustrating.

So from the design view I go into the Layout Code and into "Design Wizard Outer Layout"

I Navigate down to where my Best Sellers and New Products are contained which is "TopLevelSectionList" For the life of me I can't see how to edit out these two links because clicking on this link takes me to a two line page with the lines "Click Here to edit the list layout settings" and "TopLevelSectionList"

Anymore assistance would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Leigh

Comment

They are sections within your department list - delete them.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
              They are sections within your department list - delete them.
              Lee,

For the second time today I am in your debt (and ever so slightly embarressed) What an easy fix - I guess I was just looking too deep.Many thanks:-)

Kind regards

Leigh

Comment

No problem Leigh, happens to the best of us, you should see the farting around i've been doing today, a right prize pratt i can tell you.

Comment

Working...
                X